Sunday, November 16, 2008

Venezuela Mission Study at Ramoth Gilead

I would like to thank those at Ramoth Gilead Baptist Church for having me out on November 13th to be the guest speaker for the Venezuelan mission study. There was a good turn out with 4 churches from the area to come to learn about the study.

In preparing for this study, I learned much about those in Venezuela. What I did find very interesting is that their environmental surroundings, basic living situations: poverty, etc., and most aspects of culture and religion were very parallel to those who live in Tijuana, Mexico. In missions to Tijuana 2 years ago, I was able to see first hand many of the difficulties that the people there face as well as experience their culture. While learning about those in Venezuela and seeing this parallelism, it felt as if I had visited Venezuela myself.

I truly enjoyed teaching for the study and I hope that those who attended had a good time as well, learned much about Venezuela and mission opportunities there, felt inspired to become involved in some way in missions, and left different than they came.

One thing that I found funny was the question that was posed to both myself and my husband which was, "Why is she speaking for the event??" The feelings of being insufficient for the "job" kept coming to me. My husband would remind me that I have been on missions, that I have a Bach. in Missions, Evangelism, etc. and that speaking is something that I do; nevertheless, feelings of inadequacy plagued me.

Satan has an interesting way of trying to keep believers from doing what the Lord has called them to do. --You are too young.. You don't have enough experience... Who are you to do this work...Someone else could do it better...-- Plaguing thoughts could go on as these that came to me. I encourage you to stand fast in the work that the Lord has laid out for you to do and as I came to see at the end, it will work out. Even when Satan is attacking us from one side, the Lord is encouraging us from the other maybe even with words from a kind husband or a friend which helps keep us going the way the Lord designed us to go.

May you be blessed as you do the Lords work and feel encouraged along the way.
--Chrystiane Grubbs

No comments: